Saturday, August 30, 2008

This has been a quiet week. Wednesday afternoon Olivier Bancoult, Leader of the Chagos Islanders, came here with representatives of the Chagossians from Mauritius, Seychelles and UK, and we had a good discussion on strategy, particularly what we are intending to do in Parliament when it ressembles on October 6. Watch this space.

Friday I had a date with haematology outpatients at King's, to check on possible recurrence of the melanoma which was removed in April 2006, see photos on my blog at the time. The consultant is writing to my GP and sending me copy, an excellent practice. My only gripe with the communication at King's is that they don't use email, for reasons that aren't explained.

Also visited Mr Harvey, Dulwich Chiropractors, for some work on my neck, somewhat improved since I first went to him, but never likely to be restored to its original condition.

Lunchtime, Alex Feakes, LibDem Parliamentary Spokesperson for Lewisham West and Penge (a new Parliamentary constituency) came to discuss his work. Alex is a very energetic and hardworking Councillor, with lots of good ideas, and I hope to be able to make some contribution to his plans.

In the afternoon, an interview with Julia Pettengill, who is working on a study for the Henry Jackson Society on the prevention of genocide.

Friday and Saturday ping-pong, 2-0 to JW and 1-1 today, cumulative score 91-88 in my favour.

No comments: