Friday, September 16, 2011

 
Posted by Picasa


These pictures were taken by Mike Timbers my first cousin twice removed at the annual High Elms picnic last Sunday, for descendants of my grandfather John Lubbock, of me with his wife Prapha Suriwong. Mike is the son of Kenneth Timbers and Bridget Newman, daughter of Eric Newman and Jean Grant Duff, daughter of my aunt Ursula and Adrian Grant Duff, who was killed serving with the Black Watch just after the outbreak of the First World War, in September 1914.

Lindsay's camera battery was flat and we had lost the recharger, and Lyulph didn't bring his camera, so we didn't have any other pictures. For the first time I can remember, we were just about settled under the trees between the lawn and the tennis court when there was a downpour, and we retreated to the Visitor Centre, where Lyulph showed us his latest family history pictures and documents. He really has a terrific collection, and is constantly making new discoveries!

No comments: